A girl's self-esteem peaks at age 9. (5)
Only 21% of all girls believe they have the qualities to be a good leader. (2)
Only 5% of Fortune 500 companies are led by women. (3, 4)
0%Average estimate of how many Fortune 500 companies around the world have female CEOs.
0%Actual percentage of Fortune 500 companies that are led by women.
19% gender wage gap: women earn an average of $0.81 for every dollar earned by men. (5)
Girl Talk Girls Agree - Girl Talk is part of the solution!
- McGraw, Carol, “Media, hormones, peer pressure do a number on girls’ confidence”, The News-Sentinel, 2006
- Girl Scouts Research Institute, “What Girls Say About Redefining Leadership”, Executive Summary of Research Findings, 2008
- Harvard Business Review, "Women Are Less Likely to Apply for Executive Roles If They've Been Rejected Before," 2017.
- Weber Shandwick, "The Female CEO Reputation Premium? Differences and Similarities," 2015
- Institute for Women’s Policy Research, “Pay and Equity Discrimination”, 2015
- TRU, Sponsored by Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility, Girl Talk Comprehensive Program Evaluation, 2013