Girl Talk Camp 2021
2021 Camp is postponed until 2022
Our 2022 Camp will be held at Holy Innocents' Episcopal School
Sign up below to our mailing list, so you can stay up-to-date on all things Girl Talk!
Girl Talk Camp is a week-long summer day camp that offers rising 4th-8th grade girls the unique fun, friendship, and possibility that only Girl Talk can offer! Campers will have the opportunity to...
- Build relationships with current Girl Talk Girls, Leaders, and Alumni
- Be empowered by uplifting and motivating speakers
- Participate in activities that inspire confidence and creativity
- Engage in community service projects that foster a passion for giving back
Interested in being...
If you are interested in sponsoring a girl to give her the opportunity to join us at Girl Talk Camp, click here.
Camp Featured Speaker
Camp Counselor (interview required)
Application Deadline: TBD
Applicants Notified: TBD
What a Week at Girl Talk Camp Looks Like...
Take a look at our condensed schedule from June 2018 Girl Talk Camp to give you a better understanding of what camp is all about!
- Camp Introduction
- Scavenger Hunt
- Impact Sessions are group discussions with the Campers and Counselors where they share their experiences and stories with one another about a chosen topic
- Day one's impact section was about Family Values
- Speaker for day one spoke about embracing passions
- Reflections and Talent Show: At the end of each day, the Campers all gather to reflect and share their experiences of the activities and the discussions. Campers are also given the opportunity to show off their talents; some talents that were showcased this year were singing, dancing and gymnastics!
- Impact Sessions: Rude, Mean and Bullying, Stress Less, Accepting and Embracing Failure, Being a Good Friend
- Speakers' topics for day two included: building confidence in fun ways, social media safety, and loving yourself fully
Day 3 (Purpose Day where Campers dressed as their future careers or what they are most passionate about)
- Google visited camp to present Made With Code where campers learned that coding is accessible to everyone
- We had incredible women visit the camp to share their own passions and purpose, including: a harpist, a wedding dress designer, and a lawyer
Day 4 (Community Service Day where Campers learn ways to give back)
- Impact Session: Body Image
- Speakers taught Campers ways to give back including welcoming refugee communities, environmental awareness and making bracelets for a children's hospital
- Each year, Girl Talk Camp holds the Bucket of Renewal activity, where the girls can identify obstacles that are holding them back from their full potential and begin the process of releasing them
- Campers are also able to choose to attend a yoga class to learning how to de-stress
- For the final day of Camp, parents, friends, donors and sponsors joined Girl Talk Camp for their annual Closing Showcase
- Campers performed talents or what they learned throughout the week
- Campers, parents, alumni and donors spoke about the Girl Talk experience and how Girl Talk has impacted them
"I encourage all of you to get your daughters involved because I know that in the future, it'll inspire and help them become
who they need to be."