We are thrilled to introduce the Girl Talk Ambassador Program, a group of Girl Talk Leaders who will serve as representatives of Girl Talk to their communities and local Chapters and as representatives of the Girl Talk community to our headquarters!
As a Girl Talk Ambassador, you will be an advocate for Girl Talk in every way, from spreading awareness of our program and its impact in your community and on a national platform to helping us determine where Girl Talk goes in the future and how it will continue to grow and develop.
Through monthly online meetings and ongoing communications, Ambassadors will help Chapters locally, nationally and the Girl Talk Team to focus on developing our community service, diversity and inclusion, and fundraising efforts. They will also have the opportunity to share their voices on the Girl Talk blog and promote Girl Talk on social media.
- Active Girl Talk Leader in good standing, (must be a rising 9th - 12th grader)
- Be passionate about leadership and mentoring
- Want to see and help Girl Talk grow
- Dedicate 2-3 hours a week being a Girl Talk Ambassador (estimate)
- Ability to attend at least 9 of the 12 monthly calls
- Attend monthly conference calls with Girl Talk team
- Reach out to Chapters on behalf of Girl Talk
- Bring new ideas and actions to Girl Talk
- Be a voice for high school girls throughout the country
- Help fundraise for Girl Talk HQ
- Be communicative through email and group chat (GroupMe)
- Complete a community service project
- If on social media, be active with Girl Talk on social platforms
- Be actively involved on a monthly basis and complete activity forms
- Click here to learn more about monthly requirements
Benefits to our Ambassadors:
- Leadership opportunities
- Insider information about upcoming Girl Talk initiatives
- Representing Girl Talk at events (in person and online)
- Peer-to-peer engagement with other Ambassadors nationally
- Great experience for future growth (i.e. college essays)
- College scholarship opportunity exclusive to our Ambassadors
- Letter of recommendation from Girl Talk Team member, if requested
Application Opens: July 8, 2022
Application Deadline: August 20, 2022
Applicants notified: Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis, but by no later than September 15, 2022.
Ambassadors announced: formal announcement at the end of summer (beginning of one year term from September 2022 - August 2023)
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].