Are you looking for a fun and rewarding internship?
Girl Talk is an Atlanta-based nonprofit serving middle school and high school girls throughout North America and beyond. Our mission is to inspire all girls to be confident leaders through peer-to-peer mentoring programs. We proudly serve all girls (ages 10-18) of all backgrounds, so that they may experience a variety of leadership opportunities. Since 2002, we’ve served 65,000 girls in 48 U.S. states and a total of 10 countries.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about inspiring, leading, and empowering girls
- Excellent organizational skills/attention to detail
- Responsible, flexible, hard-working and committed to the mission and vision of Girl Talk
- Self-starter who is highly motivated by the ability to work creatively to find a solution
- Team player, dedicated to providing support and helping to complete projects big and small
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Conceptualizing and designing various marketing materials, including but not limited to:
- Direct mail pieces/email campaigns
- Infographics/social media graphics
- PPT presentations/templates
- Event signage
- Social media support on multiple platforms
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Direct solicitation on behalf of Girl Talk for funding and/or in-kind donations
- Working with the Development Team to implement development strategies
- Supporting staff with special events or campaigns that relate to development and strategic partnerships
- Other Girl Talk projects, as assigned (i.e., competitive intelligence/research)
- Spring & Summer interns will be involved in the planning and management of Girl Talk Camp (a weeklong day camp in the summer for girls in 4th -8th grade.)
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Ability to work 15-25 hours a week at the Girl Talk Atlanta office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Some Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) experience is preferred
- Experience in using MailChimp and/or other marketing and communications platforms is preferred
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license
- Fun work environment
- Free parking
- Opportunity for academic credit
- Gain unique and hands-on experience in the nonprofit sector
- Gain experience in a wide variety of areas including database organization and management, program support, development outreach, and communications and digital marketing strategies
- Marketing Communications & Social Media
Fall (September - December): August 28th
Spring (January - April): December 28th
Summer (June - August): April 5th
We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2019 in July.
Note: This is an unpaid internship that can be completed for academic credit if allowed and/or approved by the applicant’s college or university. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain outstanding experience at a nonprofit organization.