This week, the Girl Talk Teen Advisory Board had the incredible opportunity to hear from some of the amazing women in senior leadership at Cox Automotive, and we want to share it with you!
From college to career advice and personal to professional development wisdom, the panel discussion comforted, inspired, and challenged the Teen Advisory Board (and our Girl Talk Team!), and we hope their words will do the same for you.
Here are some of the best pieces of advice that these wonder women have received, and the best advice that they gave us…
- Always Assume Good and you will find a new way forward. Assuming that someone you are working or dealing with has good intentions and is not trying to make your work more difficult truly changes your perspective and the way you approach new problems and situations as they arise.
- Take Risks and Listen to Yourself Raise your hand for things that you may be uncomfortable doing, but stretch yourself.
- Feedback is a Gift Take it (even when it’s difficult), learn from it, and give it (respectfully) to others so that they can learn and grow.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Be Yourself Fully and be your greatest. Enough said.
- Your First Job is Not Your Last One of the great things about your career is that you can figure out what you love. And what you don’t love. Having multiple jobs throughout your career, especially early on, can help you identify what you do and do not want to do in your career.
- Your Passion Can and Will Change (and that’s okay!) Whatever it is that motivates and drives you is not set in stone, and it isn’t supposed to be. It will change just as you do, just remember to check in with yourself every now and then to see what is motivating you and remind yourself of it to keep the inspiration going.
Thank you to Girl Talk’s own Board Chair Jill Campbell (Executive Vice President, Cox Enterprises), Shirley Powell (Senior Vice President, Communications, Community & Industry Relations), Dionne Mack (Senior Director, Global Diversity & Inclusion), Michelle Blondheim (Director, Community Relations), and Greta Crowley (Senior Director, Consumer Marketing) for hosting Girl Talk and sharing your invaluable wisdom and inspiration with our Teen Advisory Board.
(Left to Right: Campbell, Powell, Mack, Blondheim, Crowley)