By: Jessica Rao (Girl Talk Intern)
World Smile Day is an annual celebration of happiness that was founded in 1999 by Harvey Ball, the creator of the smiley face. Ball wanted this day to serve as a reminder of the importance of kind words and actions toward others. While things may look differently this year, with many things being virtual, there are still many ways that we can partake in this mission of joy spreading.
Ways To Spread Joy In This Season!
- Write a letter to a friend or family member
- This is a fun and creative way to spread positivity! You can use any materials you have: paper, markers, stickers, etc… and work to create a beautiful card, that will surely make your loved ones smile.
- Send a compliment to a friend
- Kind words can really go a long way. This is such an easy way to boost someone’s confidence and make them feel good.
- Acts of service
- There are many ways you can participate in service at home, whether it be sending a letter to thank frontline healthcare workers, starting an online fundraiser with your friends to support your favorite charity, etc…
Comment below how you decided to partake in spreading joy today!