Girl Talk is hiring a Camp Coordinator!
The Camp Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementation, and coordination of Girl Talk’s annual week-long day camp. This person will serve as the main point of contact for vendors, volunteers, participants, and counselors.
- Oversee the Girl Talk Camp, working with counselors and volunteers as the main organizational contact.
- Conduct training for all involved in Camp.
- In partnership with the Programs Manager, plan and implement Girl Talk Camp, including scheduling, volunteer training, and supervising Lead Counselors and volunteers.
- In partnership with the lead counselors, oversee and facilitate Girl Talk camp programming needs.
- May facilitate workshops, and main sessions, and serve as a speaker or emcee during camp.
- Facilitate the Girl Talk scholarship program and manage the application and vetting process.
- Work with the Programs Manager to create, scale, and achieve camp goals
- Work directly with Girl Talk Ambassadors to plan camp and provide mentoring support.
- Produces camp reports, presentations, data analysis, and tracking as needed and requested
- Build camp partnerships with potential chapters and nonprofit programs to expand the camp reach
- Ensure clear communication, coordinate and develop relationships with camp partnerships
- Facilitate training and workshops for volunteers and counselors
- Supervise Girl Talk Counselors, participants, and volunteers.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of counselors to support camp needs
- May assist with communications, fundraising, or other camp-related duties.
- High School Diploma and one to three years of the college experience.
- Commitment to women’s and girl’s empowerment
- Experience with nonprofit programming
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, facilitation, and client-service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to work on project planning and use good judgment in prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, goal-driven, and confirmed ability to prioritize and manage projects with a positive attitude, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent active listening skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively work across a wide variety of groups (including members, volunteers, donors, and interns) and organize support for goals and plans
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Canva, Adobe, project management software, and other software as needed
- Experience with Girl Talk Programming
- Experience in Girl’s Empowerment or Mentorship Programs
- Project management/planning experience
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a stipend. This position is in a hybrid working environment, with flexible and remote work options. Some evening and weekend work may be required, and this person will need to be available for all of Girl Talk Camp, which is scheduled for June 5th- 9th 2023.
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.