Girl Talk is looking for camp interns!
Girl Talk’s summer camp intern will work independently and closely with the Girl Talk team to assist with the activity planning process focused on daily themes, camper recruitment and safety, and overall camp operations. This is an ideal position for an individual seeking skills in leadership and management. The intern MUST attend the FULL week of Girl Talk summer camp in June 2022!
- Works with the Program Manager, Camp Coordinator, and Co-Lead Counselor to help plan camp activities.
- Researches and contacts possible guest speakers.
- Researches and contacts possible businesses/restaurants that Girl Talk can partner with.
- Assist with camper and camp counselor recruitment, including through creation of social media posts.
- Assist Development Intern with executing fundraising initiatives leading up to camp.
- Assists with administrative tasks leading up to camp and at camp as necessary, including handing out lunches and setting up decorations.
- Attends the entirety of Girl Talk summer camp to help with any needed tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to work on project planning and use good judgment in prioritizing tasks and meet deadlines
- Well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, goal-driven and confirmed ability to prioritize and manage projects with a positive attitude, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent active listening skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively work across a wide variety of groups (including campers and staff) and organize support for goals and plans
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.