Girl Talk is looking for a Communications intern!
Girl Talk is seeking a detail-oriented and creative individual to assist with creating content and promoting Girl Talk. The ideal Communications intern will work independently and with the Communications team to build social media campaigns, measure performance on social media, and support promotional Communication materials and presentations with donors, staff, and media. This is an ideal position for those seeking to gain skills in digital marketing and public relations.
- Create social media posts for Instagram, including hard posts, story posts, and Reels.
- Assist with management of Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest accounts.
- Analyze social media data to determine best possible strategies for future posts.
- Write blog posts for the Girl Talk blog.
- Create media lists and contact media outlets for possible news coverage of Girl Talk programs.
- Conduct research on target audiences to best recruit new mentees, new volunteers, and new donors.
- Assist with event planning and campaigns as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on Communication materials (social media posts, newsletters, print publications, etc.) and use good judgment in prioritizing tasks and meet deadlines
- Well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, goal-driven and confirmed ability to prioritize and manage projects with a positive attitude, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Strong creativity skills.
- Strong knowledge of Canva, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.