Girl Talk is hiring an Communications and Development Manager
The Communications and Development Manager is responsible for the successful execution of Girl Talk’s external communications, including newsletters, social media, reports and other digital collateral. This position also works with the Executive Director with fundraising activities, including grant writing and donor management. This person serves as a key member of Girl Talk’s leadership team in advancing the mission of inspiring middle and high school girls to be confident leaders.
- Serve as the primary developer of all Girl Talk external communications, including strategy and materials.
- In partnership with the Program Manager, collect success stories and impact measures from Girl Talk participants and alumni.
- Develop and execute social media communications for Girl Talk, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Develop graphic design materials for the organization
- Perform basic website updates and maintenance
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Program Manager, develop and monitor an annual marketing plan for the organization.
- Assist with Grant Writing to foundations and institutional donors.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with donor management through the donor database
- Monitor the grant reporting calendar, facilitate the collection of data for grant reporting and submit reports to funders in a timely manner.
- In partnership with the Program Manager, assist with the execution of Girl Talk’s digital resources.
- Work with the Board of Directors Marcom and Development Committees to advance Girl Talk goals.
- May assist with media relations and press inquiries.
- Supervise Girl Talk Development and Communication Interns. May help with intern recruitment
- Other duties as assigned, particularly during Girl Talk’s Summer Camp preparation season
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and one to three years related experience.
- Commitment to women and girl’s empowerment
- Basic ability to create simple graphic design materials
- Understanding of organizational brand management.
- Experience with nonprofit communications and/or development
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience with creating written documents for an organization.
- Excellent planning and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in prioritizing tasks and meet deadlines
- Well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, goal-driven and confirmed ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a positive attitude, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent active listening skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively work across a wide variety of groups (including members, volunteers, donors, and interns) and organize support for goals and plans
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Canva, Adobe, project management software, and other software as needed
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience managing communications or conducting fundraising activities for a nonprofit organization
- Experience supervising staff and/or interns
- Experience in Girl’s Empowerment or Mentorship Programs
- Fundraising knowledge and experience
This is a full time, exempt position with a salary range of $42,000- $50,000 a year. This position is in a hybrid working environment, with flexible and remote work options. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Girl Talk contributes to medical and dental plans for employees and has a generous leave policy, including employee managed PTO and 13 paid holidays. Girl Talk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.